20 Facts About the Book of Job That You Probably Didn’t Know
The book of Job in the Old Testament of the Bible is surprisingly accurate scientifically and historically. Here are 20 facts you might not have known.
This book of the Bible discusses scientific concepts that were way ahead of the times. It also has historical data and information which validates the book. Here are the 20 facts about the book of Job:
1. The book of Job is the oldest book in the Bible.
2. The author of the book is unknown.
3. The nation of Israel is not mentioned in the book.
4. At a time when it was believed the earth sat on a large animal or on a giant 1500 years before Christ, the Bible spoke of the earth’s free-floating space (Job 26:7). Science didn’t discover that the earth hangs on nothing until 1650.
5. Job mentions Adam, which is evidence that the story of Adam and Eve was recognized long before Moses’ birth and the book of Genesis was written (Job 31:33).
6. The book deals with the question of the righteous having to suffer.
7. The book mentions that air has weight, however science did not discover this until the 1600’s (Job 28:25).
8. The book provides a pivotal lesson in trusting God regardless of the kind of situation you’re in because He is good and sovereign.
9. The book reveals that the Holy Spirit is the Creator (Job 33:4).
10. Light waves and radio waves are mentioned in Job. This wasn’t discovered by science until 1864 (Job 38:35).
11. Job had 10 children, 7 sons and 3 daughters, who were all killed in his first test (Job 1:2).
12. Paul considered Job to be Scripture which affirms that it’s inspired by God (1 Corinthians 3:19).
13. The book speaks of dinosaurs. This also affirms that dinosaurs were still in existence after the flood (Job 40:15-24; 41:1-34).
14. The book mentions that the ocean contains springs (Job 38:16). The existence of water springs in the oceans was not discovered by scientists until 1970.
15. The Septuagint gives a detailed account about the man Job, which is evidence that he was a real historical figure (Job 42:17 LXX).
16. The book reveals that the worship of the God of the Bible was in existence before any other religion (Job 38:4-7).
17. The book may have included a reference to the Ice Age (Job 38:29-30).
18. Job is probably the only human being to ever have been bragged about by God (Job 1:7).
19. Job’s wife told him to curse God and die (Job 2:9).
20. The book is evidence that Satan is not a Christian invention and has been recognised long before Christianity (Job 1).
Find out more about how Christianity is different from all other world religions.